The life of modern society is hardly imaginable without the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics are drugs that kill bacteria and some fungi and are used for treatment of a large number of various infections, and they often help save lives. Antibiotics do not treat viruses. Amoxil comes to the market in the form of capsules, drops and syrups. It has quite a wide spectrum of antibiotic activity and belongs to a group of beta-lactam antibiotics. It is a semisynthetic antibiotic with bactericidal effect on gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
How to use Amoxil
Amoxil is prescribed only in cases when the infection is caused by bacteria. Amoxil is particularly efficient for the following infections:
- ear, nose and throat infections caused by the Streptococcus species
- infections of the urogenital tract caused by the Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis or Enterococcus faecalis
- infections of skin and skin structure caused by Streptococcus spp and Escherichia coli
- lower respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus spp, S. pneumoniae, Staphylococcus SPPP or H. influenzae
- gonorrhea caused by the Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Amoxil as an antibiotic can be taken only by prescription. You may buy Generic Amoxil without prescription online.
What should be done before taking amoxil antibiotic?
In order to avoid unwanted side effects, your doctor must know your medical history, and it is especially important that your doctor knows about your condition if you are pregnant before he prescribes you the medicine. Furthermore, it is important if you have kidney problems, if you have any allergies or have ever had an allergic reaction to some medication and whether you are currently taking any medication. Anyhow, you should consult your doctor before taking any drugs.
Like any other antibiotic, amoxil is taken at regular intervals, and the usual dose is:
- Adults 250-500 mg every 8 hours
- For children under 20 kg; 20 to 40 mg / kg of body weight, three doses every 8 hours.
- Amoxil can also be used in pregnancy. The antibiotic therapy usually lasts 7-14 days and at least two days after the symptoms withdrawal. In particularly severe infections double doses can be taken.
Like any medicine, this one also has some unwanted side effects. First of all, antibiotics usage over a long period can lead to bacterial resistance, so the drug will no longer be effective. In addition, there are possible side effects such as skin rash, and disorders of the digestive tract, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. People who are allergic to penicillin antibiotics should not take this medicine.
Keeping the medication
The drug should certainly be out of reach for children, in a cool, dry place. If you were prescribed the medication in liquid form, it will not last longer than 14 days. Before taking always check the expiry date of the medication.
Caution when taking antibiotics
First of all it is not a cure for colds and flu, and also not every sore throat or ear infections should be immediately treated with antibiotics. In addition to bacterial infections, there are viral infections on which antibiotics have no effect. When antibiotics are being overused the bacteria are becoming resistant, which is why you should avoid taking amoxil over a long period of time.
Latest posts by John Rogers (see all)
- Viagra: All the Myths, Legends, Facts, Tall Tales and Urban Legends - February 29, 2020
- Doxycycline: Under-use and Over-prescription is Creating a Superbug - February 21, 2020
- Amoxicillin: A common antibiotic for uncommon problems - February 9, 2020